Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kaden's Birthday Party


Kaden is always excited about his birthday, but this year he was really excited because he got to have a friend birthday party!


We decided to have his party the weekend before his birthday because his birthday fell on a school day. Kaden wanted to have a football party again this year. We told him he could invite four friends over and we would have pizza and then the boys would play a football X-box game.

I loved it! This was the easiest birthday party we have ever thrown. For thur majority of the party the boys played the football game. They really got into the game. They barely noticed I was taking their picture! The boys all had a lot of fun and Chad and I enjoyed relaxing during all that fun.



After the game was over everyone congregated in the kitchen for cake and presents. Kaden's last cake was a football cake, so this time I decided to make a football field (personalized for Kaden, of course). I even made goal posts with yellow straws.


The best part of the cake was watching Kaden look at the cake for the first time!
We gave everyone huge pieces of cake so we wouldn't have any leftovers!!


It is always fun to watch Kaden open presents.


Kaden's birthday was just before the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, so part of the thank you gift included a Super Bowl cup! It worked out well.


It was a great party. Kaden loved it and so did we!

2 comments:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

hey Kaden... that was the coolest cake EVER! What a great mom you have! looks like you had sooooo much fun! good for you...
love, nana

shannon said...

Kaden is looking so grown up! Wow! The party looked like so much fun. What a cool theme idea, and great cake!