Sunday, November 1, 2009

What a great Halloween!

We had a lot of fun this Halloween! Our Halloween started on Friday afternoon. I picked the kids up from school and we headed over to Chad's office to go trick or treating, or work or treat as Kaden calls it! Chad's office goes all out. They have treat bags, cups with treats, snacks, drinks, and last but not least . . . trick or treating! It is fun to meet all of the people that Chad works with. You would think that after getting all that candy the boys would be done - oh, no! On Saturday we had more trick or treating fun. We went to the church at noon for a chili cook-off and trunk or treating. The kids loved seeing everyone's costumes! After the ward party we came home and made pizza. Our family tradition for Halloween is pizza for dinner, watching Charlie Brown and after trick or treating the boys can eat as much candy as they want! So far no one has gotten sick from over eating! This year we had our pizza after the boys went trick or treating. Chad tried to talk the boys out of going trick or treating in our neighborhood (cause you know they had enough candy already!), but the boys would have no part of it! Eating the pizza after was great because we were able to relax and enjoy the rest of our evening.

Photobucket

While the boys were out trick or treating Austin and I hung out on the porch to hand out candy. Austin had a ball sitting there with the bowl of candy talking up a storm. I tried to get a video, but as soon as he saw what I was doing he clammed up.

Photobucket

This is kind of fun. I have made one Halloween costume over the years. I made the puppy costume for Tanner when he was little. I used fake fur and a store bought pattern. I broke three needles before I was finished. It turned out cute and I decided never to do it again! So as a result I decided that each one of my children had to wear the costume once. Well, I am happy to report that all five boys have worn the costume!! I thought it would be fun to see them all together. I added their names just in case you couldn't tell the boys apart (some are pretty similar)!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Danika said...

I hope your photos of all your boys are well-labeled because they look so much alike (and all completely adorable). I am in awe of people who make their kids costumes....no craft or sewing talent here!

shannon said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing! Loved the doggie collage. And for the record, I could have correctly id'ed each boy without the name labels :)

Scott said...

The doggie collage is great! Dallin and Madeleine had fun seeing what their cousins were for Halloween. Cool jack-o-lanterns, too!