I have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season. I am very blessed. I think I have just been more aware of Lord in my life. He is in everything - even if we don't see it.
Things have been busy around here lately (I know I say that a lot). We were looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving weekend. We didn't have any extended family visiting - we just enjoyed the holiday with our boys. I was praying that it would be a low key, low stress and relaxing holiday. I know . . . that is a lot to ask for, but the Lord answered my simple prayer.
Chad took the day before Thanksgiving off to help get things ready. Since he was home I was able to go to the school to help Trevor's class with their Thanksgiving Feast.

I was able to help get things ready and then I stayed to feast with Trevor. It was fun to eat with Trevor. He has been wanting me to have lunch with him at school, so it was a lot of fun for both of us. After lunch the kids had recess in the gym (it was a rainy day). They played a bunch of relay races. It was fun to watch Trevor. He is very athletic and competitive!



After lunch with Trevor I was able to hang out with Kaden and his friends for their lunch period. I think Kaden was a little surprised and happy to have me stay to have lunch with him. It was fun to see him interact with his friends. It was great spending lunch with two of my boys!


I wasn't able to go to Devon's Thanksgiving Feast, but I got to hear all about it. He had a lot of fun! He even won Buddy the Class Turkey! Ahh, every parent's dream!! Buddy is covered with feathers that tell what each of the preschool children are thankful for. Check out Devon's feather . . . we were surprised by what he said, but we're loving it!! What a silly guy :)



When I got home I was supposed to start working on Thanksgiving dinner, but for some reason I didn't. Instead I had fun hanging out with Chad and the boys.
Thanksgiving Day I should have been a little stressed but I wasn't. We woke up and watched the Thanksgiving Day parade. It was a fun and relaxing way to spend our morning. At the end of the parade we started getting stuff ready. Chad and I got to work while the boys got ready for the day.


When the boys were done they came downstairs and helped get things ready. My boys are helpful, but there is often a little whining - not today. I could feel my simple prayer being answered. We had such a nice afternoon and evening because we all pitched in and enjoyed being with each other. It was truly a blessing.


While we were getting dinner ready Tanner came in all excited. He wanted us to come look at what he did in the dinning room. When we came in we saw that Tanner had made nameplates for everyone. It was neat to see him so excited. I could tell he wanted to do something special for all of us!

We had a nice dinner together. The food was all beautifully arranged and delicious. We laughed, told stories and said what we were thankful for. We sat at the table for quite a while after we had finished eating because we were all enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. It was great!




I am thankful to know that the Lord is mindful of us. I think the Lord is waiting to bless us, but sometimes we are too busy to let him in. I am glad I was given a glimpse into what it can be like when I slow down and appreciate what I have been given. I have a wonderful family and I am thankful that I was able to spend a wonderful weekend with them. I can't wait for Christmas Break!!




No comments:
Post a Comment