Growing up Veteran's Day was just another holiday. We put out the flag and thought about the troops, but that is about all. I don't remember ever doing anything at school to celebrate. I wish we had done more.

Luckily, my kids are having a different experience. When we first moved here I was impressed that the kids were learning the songs for all the branches of the armed forces. Then I found out that they were learning the songs for the Veteran's Day program.




I was very impressed that the every school in our school district has a Veteran's Day program. The kids are encouraged to invite any Veterans that they know to come to the program.


During the program the Veterans are honored by the students. They also have a group of Veterans come to perform the Missing Men Table Ceremony. It is very impressive.



I am glad they invite the families to attend the program. Devon, Austin and I went with our good friends. The kids were all decked out in their red, white, and blue. It was fun to see them trying to do the pledge of allegiance. I hope they will grow up with great admiration for the armed forces.



I am very thankful to live in this country. I am very thankful for the men and women in the armed forces. The service they do for our country is amazing. I appreciate the sacrifice they make. They leave their friends and family to help protect our country and our freedoms. I am glad my children have the opportunity to see how important it is to honor all those, past and present, who serve our country.
No comments:
Post a Comment