Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day


We had a nice low key Valentine's Day this year. We started off with pink heart pancakes. The boys were excited, not only to get heart pancakes, but to get colored ones as well! It was a fun way to start our normally rushed morning.

As I was making breakfast Trevor came downstairs and gave me one of his valentine cards and a little treat. I was so tickled that Trevor would think of me. I know my boys love me, but it's nice to see them do something to show their love. Valentine cards are bought or made to be given to classmates and teachers, so I was really touched when Trevor reserved a card for me. It brightened my morning and made me smile several times throughout the day!


The boys were excited to hand out their valentine cards. Trevor and Kaden addressed their cards the previous night. As they did they shared their excitement for their Valentine's parties. Tanner was nearby and was getting a little bitter. Now that Tanner is in middle school he doesn't exchange cards or have holiday parties. He started complaining that he wouldn't get anything and his brothers would come home with an abundance of treats. Sometimes it's hard to grow up. Luckily, for Tanner, there was a little surprise in store!

I decided to make a nice dinner for all my boys and host it in the dinning room complete with china and goblets. I decided to try to make pot roast. I have made pot roast several times before, but for some odd reason it has always (with one exception) turned out bad. I've tried several different cuts of meat and tried cooking it several different ways. Luckily, my good friend Amy came to my rescue. I called her and went over all the steps. She was very helpful and assured me that it would turn out great. I was nervous it still wouldn't turn out right. To my surprise and delight the roast turned out perfectly.

When I set the table I put a box of conversation hearts at every place. Tanner came in and was so excited that he would finally get a valentine's treat! The surprises didn't stop there, though. When Chad got home he brought more treats. Chad didn't know that I had gotten a treat, so he stopped to get something for everyone - chocolate! He also brought me flowers! Chad is so thoughtful and loving.

We had a nice evening. Everyone enjoyed eating in the dinning room. We had such a fun time talking and laughing that we stayed at the table well after dinner was over. It was such a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere, we didn't want to leave.

I love all my boys and I enjoyed spending a wonderful evening with them.

No comments: