
I keep trying to tell the boys to stop growing up, but they just won't listen! As we approached Kaden's birthday this year, Kaden kept asking what we were going to do. My answer, nothing. I told him we weren't going to celebrate his birthday - that way he wouldn't get older. He tried to warn me that it wouldn't work, that he would get older anyway. I held out as long as I could, but in the end I gave in and we celebrated. I mean, who can't celebrate a good kid!
This Kaden's birthday was on Tuesday night (the night we have Scouts and Young Women). We didn't have a ton of time to celebrate, but we got everything in! The boys get to pick what they would like for their birthday dinner. Kaden's favorite dinner is fish with nuts, but on the morning of his birthday, Kaden told me he didn't want to always have fish with nuts. He didn't want to get tired of eating that meal, so he decided to have Swedish Meatballs. Good choice! Dinner was great - it hit the spot for Kaden.
After dinner we quickly opened his presents. He loved all of his gifts. He got his new Bear Cub Scout book and the bear neckerchief, so he was excited and ready to go to scouts as an official 9 year old!

If you haven't figured out from previous posts, Kaden loves the Colts and football. For Christmas he got a Manning jersey and a football. So I thought a football cake would be perfect for Kaden. It was probably one of the easiest cakes I've done (loved that!) and Kaden loved it. To make it a little more interesting I put the Colts symbol on the football. We put the sparkler candles in the cake for Kaden to blow out. He was all smiles! I love Kaden's silly smiles!



It was a good day for Kaden. He didn't have a friend party, but several of his friends gave him birthday notes. That made Kaden feel great! Kaden is a great boy. I am sad that he is growing up so fast, but I am excited to see who he will become. We love you Kaden!!
1 comment:
YES!!! We DO love you, Kaden! Hope your birthday was WONDERFUL !!!
You really ARE growing up fast - and getting taller so quickly!
AAAGGGGHHHHHH... I can't stand it.
Can't wait to see you in June when we come! Love you
Nana & Papa
Post a Comment