Shortly after Grandma and Grandpa left the boys started asking to decorate the christmas trees. Many of you know that for the past several years we have had three christmas trees. This has been a topic of conversation for the past several months. I love having three trees in the house. Chad likes the trees, but does not like the upkeep or the time it takes to put them up and take them down. He has been trying to convince me that we should downsize (even to the point of looking for furniture to put in the spots where the trees would go!). Don't worry though, I stood my ground and once again we had three beautiful christmas trees (plus a couple more fake trees)!


Chad put the trees up in each room and then the boys and I decorated the trees. Decorating the trees is always a little stressful. Mostly because I want to control things a little too much. I like for certain ornaments to go on certain trees and with five anxious boys the ornaments come out pretty quick. This year I tried to be a little better. I stepped back and let the boys have a little more room to be creative (at least on one tree - baby steps!). We all had fun decorating the trees to christmas music.



We followed it up with watching a christmas movie that evening. I think it was Elf (a family favorite)! One of the best parts for me is watching the boys (Chad especially) laugh at all the funny parts. That movie never gets old!!
Throughout the next week I finished decorating the house. I love our house at christmas. It is so warm and cozy and I just makes me feel happy. I love the Christmas season!




1 comment:
just a note to tell you that we missed seeing you & your home at Christmas! And good for you for standing your ground... I have always wanted more than one tree & never have gotten it... so, I am living vicariously through you.. you go girl! Love you... mom & dad
Post a Comment