Saturday, May 5, 2012
Bedrest
When my water broke I was 27 weeks along. Bedrest really did help. With the Lord's help, I did make it past the two weeks. In fact, I made it for five weeks.
The whole time I was at the hospital the baby's heart rate has looked very strong and she remained very active. I was pretty much a boring patient. But that's the way I liked it.
I was very blessed the whole time to have lots of visitors and emails and phone calls, so I really didn't get that bored. Our church family and our neighborhood friends really stepped up and helped out Chad with the boys and with meals.
This morning, just a day shy of 32 weeks, I went into labor.
Without going into too much detail, I woke up and saw a little blood and the nurses decided to monitor me. Just after they started monitoring me I started having contractions. They weren't too intense, but they were coming close together, so the decision was made to move me to labor and delivery just in case this little girl wanted to come really quickly. So now I'm in labor and delivery and I'm playing the waiting game again. Everything is still looking good with the baby. They're keeping a close watch on her, but they think it will be several more hours. Nothing in this pregnancy has been very predictable though, so we will see what happens. Whatever happens, I feel really calm. I don't know what problems she will have when she comes out, but I feel confident that everything will be okay. The Lord has really blessed us and I feel that he'll keep continuing to do so. I'm very grateful for all the tender mercies he has given us so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment