Saturday was Tanner's birthday! I wanted Tanner to have a fun start to his day, so I ran down to Safeway and got some donuts and fresh fruit! Unfortunately, I didn't tell anyone what I was doing, so when I got back I found the kids up and eating. Tanner is a growing boy though, so he kindly ate a second breakfast! The other kids didn't mind eating a donut in honor of Tanner either!
Tanner is a good big brother and he works really hard. He is growing into a fine young man in so many ways. It is fun to watch him grow, but also sad, because the time seems to go by so quickly. For a while now, Tanner has been wanting a pair of Vibram's - five finger shoes. So, for his birthday we took Tanner out to buy some. He was so excited to get them! I don't think he took them off the rest of the trip!
It was still extremely hot outside, so later that afternoon, we went back over to Chad's cousin's house to go swimming and celebrate Tanner's birthday. We had lunch and played in the water. It felt so good to hang out in the water!
We made sure Austin had his life vest on. In fact, we told him he couldn't take it off at all if he was outside. Austin listened very well and we didn't have any close calls!
After cooling off for a while, we all got out of the pool to sing happy birthday to Tanner. Yvonne knew that Tanner was having a birthday, so she offered to make him a birthday cake! She was so nice and actually made two cakes! They were delicious, what a great lady!!
Once the festivities were over, it was back to the pool! One of the fun activities in the pool this time was the human rocket. Rod was kind enough to launch the kids across the pool all afternoon. They had a blast!
Ashlyn came in for a while and we enjoyed throwing her up in the air as well!
Once Tanner was done swimming, he quickly got his Vibram's back on! Looking good Tanner!
Ashlyn also enjoyed hanging out with the adults. She bonded with Uncle Scott and Grandpa! I was glad to see her warming up to everyone before we left!
Such a fun afternoon and evening with our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








































No comments:
Post a Comment