Not only did Tanner earn his Arrow of Light, but he also earned all 20 activity badges. As a result he earned the Super Achiever Award. Nana and Papa (Brooke's Parents) told Tanner when he became a Webelos that they would give him a candy bar poster with 20 candy bars if he earned all 20 activity badges. That was a pretty good incentive! Tanner never forgot that promise. As he finished his last badge he got a big smile on his face and asked if he could call Nana!! He was so excited to tell her that he had done it! As promised, Nana and Papa gave Tanner his candy bar poster during our recent trip to Utah. Tanner was very excited and I think it may have inspired the younger boys in the room!



The ceremony at the Pack Meeting was nice. You may notice that Tanner doesn't look extremely happy in the pictures. The awards were handed out at the end of the Pack Meeting. The activity during the meeting was held outside. As Tanner came back into the building his finger got stuck in the door. He was in major pain. We put ice on his finger, but he still had to hold back the tears. He did a good job putting on a good face every time he had to get up in front of the group. I felt bad for him, but I was impressed with how well he handled the situation.



Crossing over into Scouts

Tanner and his Webleos Leader

2 comments:
Congrats, Tan-man! We love you - keep up the great work in Scouts!!
Tanner,
I know that you have work so very hard for this. I also know that there were times that you didn't want to do any more. See what happens when you work really hard. You are such a great example to all of the other boys in our ward.
Congratulations!!!!
Sister Lofthouse
Post a Comment