A couple of weeks ago Tanner had his first choir performance. The choir group just started this year. The choir director is a good friend of ours. She is very talented and she has done a wonderful job with the kids. Since the group just started the numbers are small, but they sound is great! The kids worked really hard and they did a great job at their concert.


Tanner has really been enjoying this choir group. At first, he was hesitant to join the choir. He likes to sing, but he didn't want to dance and this group is a show choir. The choir director promised the dancing wouldn't be over the top, but Tanner still wasn't sure. We let Tanner make his own choice and he decided not to do the choir. I was disappointed because Tanner has a really good voice and he could learn much and improve his talent. I didn't give up hope though. The choir director heard Tanner sing and was impressed so she sent Tanner a note. In the note she told Tanner that he has a wonderful gift and that he should share it with others and she hoped he would reconsider. That note impressed Tanner and he decided to give the choir a try.



Tanner has learned a lot in just a few short months. He went from barely sining with the Primary at church to singing a solo. He gets a little nervous, but he does a wonderful job. He got to sing a solo in church with his choir on Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there to see it because I was at my Grandmother's funeral. I finally got to see Tanner perform the song at his concert. It was so sweet and I was so proud of Tanner. He did such a wonderful job. Congratulations Tanner!!

I am so glad Tanner decided to join the choir. He is improving his talent, but more importantly he is having fun. Every time I pick Tanner up from his practices he is so happy. There is nothing better than seeing your child happy!
1 comment:
Great job Tanner! It looks like fun!
Post a Comment