This morning we saw the Lord's hand in our lives. Before work, Chad got out the iron to press his shirt. He turned it on in the Laundry Room and then went back into the bathroom. I was in the kitchen when Chad turned on the iron. I heard the iron start to click. It had clicked for me the other day, but it stopped after a little bit, so I didn't think much of it. I followed Chad into the bathroom. Chad had a sliver in the bottom of his foot and he needed my help to get it out. The sliver was in his foot pretty deep so it was taking a while to get it out. The next thing I knew Kaden came in telling Chad that there was smoke in the Laundry Room. Chad and I took off running. When we arrived we found the ceiling covered with smoke. Luckily there were no flames. Chad quickly unplugged the iron and took it outside. We are so glad Kaden was paying attention and that he acted quickly. We are thankful that the Lord was looking out for our family today. This was another example of how the Lord continues to watch over us, even when we think things are going well. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have that the Lord lives and that he loves us.

3 comments:
So glad everybody and everything is okay! I always tell my kids...blood, fire, or smoke, you come get me immediately no matter where I am or what I'm doing - it's okay to interuppt! I hope Kaden got an extra piece of dessert tonight! :)
I am so glad you are all okay!
we love you!
mom
Thanks for the reminder!
Amy
Post a Comment