I was asked to share the German Pancakes recipe. I guess some of you got hungry looking at Kaden's casserole dish of charcoal! Actually, the unburned version looks delicious. I got this recipe from a good friend and roommate while I was in college. She made it for us one morning and we were all hooked! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!!
Fruit German Pancakes
1/2 cup Flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Milk
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Eggs
Preheat oven to 425. Mix all ingredients except the butter. Once the oven is preheated put the butter in the dish and then put it in the oven. When the butter is sizzling take the dish out and pour the batter over the butter. Bake for 14-18 minutes. Cooking time will vary with your oven. I usually cook mine for about 12 minutes. You know you have done it right if your pancakes rise in the oven!
Fruit Sauce:
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 Tbsp. Orange Juice Concentrate
Mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Add the orange juice and concentrate then heat over medium heat until boiling. Stir often. The fruit sauce is used like syrup after the German Pancakes have finished baking.
Note: The sauce is very sweet and goes a long way. I only make one batch of sauce for the four batches of pancakes.
1 Tbsp. Orange Juice Concentrate
Mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Add the orange juice and concentrate then heat over medium heat until boiling. Stir often. The fruit sauce is used like syrup after the German Pancakes have finished baking.
Note: The sauce is very sweet and goes a long way. I only make one batch of sauce for the four batches of pancakes.
Happy Cooking! Leave me a comment and let me know how yours turns out.

3 comments:
Looks good! I'm confused about the \mix /together in the fruit sauce, though? And do you put the sauce on before or after you bake the pancake batter in the oven?
They are my favorite. One Problem my kids don't like them. It makes way to much for me. I also chop up a apple or peach and mix in with the batter. They still turn out great.
How funny that you use Amy's recipe too...I guess we really were hooked! My kids love them too. It constantly entertains them to watch them puff up in the oven.
Post a Comment