Thursday, September 9, 2010

River Sunset

This past Sunday the weather was beautiful! It has been so hot here and finally Sunday it cooled off and there was a nice breeze. It was the perfect weather for a Sunday evening walk along the river.

As we started our walk we became spectators to a beautiful sunset. As the sun went down it lit up the clouds and sky so beautifully. Luckily, I had my camera on hand to capture the spectacular view!


I love sunsets! I love to watch the colors change before my eyes. There is something so beautiful and peaceful about this nightly occurrence. It helps all the worries and stresses of the day melt away - even if for a small moment. I believe sunsets are just another blessing from Heavenly Father. It's something He does just to lift our spirits and make us happy, because he loves us. It makes me reflect on the things I do. Do I find ways to lift others just because I love them? I hope so, but I am sure I can do more. Hopefully witnessing sunsets will be a personal reminder for me to make someone else's day a little brighter.


1 comment:

Misty MAHAFFEY said...

These are beautiful pictures! Makes me feel like I am right there. I have not told you lately but I love the blog! Thanks for keeping us all so updated.