Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School

This year most of the boys were excited to start school. I was ready for school to start as well. We had a great summer, but I was ready to get back on a schedule. Tanner was the one who was nervous to start school. I was surprised because he loved middle school last year. Then I got to thinking that we most likely caused the anxiety. Since Tanner made straight A's last year he had to opportunity to be in all honors this year. We kept telling Tanner how proud we were of him for his achievement, but we also mentioned that honors would be more work. I think we scared him a little. Right before he got on the bus we wished him luck and told him we loved him. I prayed he would have a good day.


My prayers, and I'm sure Tanner's, were answered. When he walked in the door after school he was a completely different boy. He was beaming and he couldn't stop telling me how much he liked his teachers. Whew, I was so relieved and excited for him.


The other three boys, Kaden, Trevor and Devon, were all excited to start school.


Kaden loves school, so he was anxious.


Trevor likes school and was excited to meet his teacher.


Devon started Kindergarten and was excited to ride the bus and eat lunch at school (just like his brothers).


The bus stop for the elementary kids is right outside our front door. In years past, there haven't been many bus riders. This year, however, the amount of kids doubled. It was a very exciting first day at the bus stop. Three of the kids were riding the bus for the first time, they couldn't wait. All of the parents were beaming with smiles as the kids got on the bus and left for school.


It was a bit weird sending four out of my five boys to school. The house was pretty quiet all day and I'm sure Austin was wondering why everyone was gone so long. Austin and I had a great day though. This new schedule will be an adjustment. It's been a long time since I have had only one child at home. I have been used to the boys playing with each other while I get things done. Now I am the only one Austin has to play with. I am looking forward to the one on one time I will have with him.


When Kaden, Trevor and Devon got home from school they were all smiles. They all really liked their teachers and had a great day. Devon did tell me he cried a little at school. He was waiting in line at lunch and he was standing next to his friend (our neighbor). He accidentally hit his friend with his lunch box. His teacher told him she knew it was an accident, but he still needed to say he was sorry. Devon doesn't like negative attention, so he immediately started crying. Luckily, the crying didn't last long and he apologized to his friend. Besides that little event the day went well for Devon and he came home happy.


I am excited for this school year. I think the boys are in a good place. I hope they will have a great experience and learn much.


We are already moving full speed ahead. We have started sports and school and were getting ready for a fun vacation over Labor Day. Never a dull moment around here!

1 comment:

shannon said...

Feeling a little teary eyed after viewing this post. Holy smokes how the boys have grown! Sad we see so little of each other. Must do something about that! Love you guys!