Now that Tanner is twelve, he is old enough to go to the temple with the youth to do baptisms for the dead. This is when temple patrons act as proxies for the deceased. I'm not sure who was more excited - Tanner, Chad or me.
Chad and I both made arrangements so we could accompany the youth to the temple on this special day. We left the boys with the Hancocks, then continued on to the temple where we met the rest of the youth.

Tanner was a bit nervous, since he had never been inside a temple before, but he did great. There was a wonderful spirit in the temple. I was touched to see Chad baptize Tanner in behalf of those who had already passed through this life. I was struck by the awesomeness of their task. What a wonderful and essential role they were able to play in the eternal welfare of a fellow saint. I felt very blessed to be in the temple with Chad, Tanner and all of the wonderful youth from our ward.

Tanner had a great experience. He was happy that Chad and I were there with him and that Chad was able to baptize him. Being in the temple also prompted Tanner to ask questions, to which we had good conversations. It was a beautiful day and I look forward to going to the temple with Tanner again soon. What a wonderful day it will be when Chad and I will see all of our boys in the temple together.
2 comments:
AMEN to that! I look forward to the day when I can go to the temple with Tanner too! It may seem like that is a long way off, but believe me, it will go quickly! Only 7 more years!.... Congrats, Tanner! love you all
Such a beautiful photo of you three! Tanner, you look especially handsome! Miss you!
Post a Comment