Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Hero Returns

A little over a year ago, our friend, Lt. Lofthouse, found out he was being deployed to Afghanistan. This is the second time he has been deployed. The first time was to Iraq. His assignment came a shock, since he was supposed to be relocating to accept a new position. We felt sad for our friends.

We feel honored that our friend would leave his family to go and defend our country. It was really neat to follow his experience and to pray for him every day. While he was gone we were able to do some service projects for the soldiers our friend worked with. It was nice to be able to give something to help the troops who are out risking their lives for us everyday.


Finally, the year is up and our friend has returned home. Austin and I were able to go to the airport to welcome him back home. It was such a great reunion! There were smiles and tears of joy all around.


I am thankful for the Lofthouses and all of the other soldiers and their families. They sacrifice so much for our country. I think sometimes we take it for granted or forget what these men and women do for us. It has been a blessing for me to see the sacrifice our friends have made. Throughout the year I watched them serve others. They wished the year would go by quickly, but they were blessed because of their sacrifice. They are wonderful examples to our family.

No comments: