Day 14
Two weeks down, five more to go! At least that's our goal! The doctor told me that if I made it that far, they would deliver the baby at 34 weeks. The reasoning is that the risk of infection increases around 34 weeks. They would rather take the baby a little earlier and healthier, then risk taking the baby to term and have the baby get sick. The doctor told me the main problem with babies born at 34 weeks is they don't know how to eat yet. As a result many of them have to stay in the NICU for about 1 to 2 weeks.
Today Chad and Tanner blessed and passed the sacrament for me again. It is such a blessing to me that they are able to do that. Afterwords I had a nice visit with Chad and the boys. They stayed for little while and then they went home to have lunch and take naps.
Tanner had a fireside this evening, so Chad and the boys came over to visit while Tanner was at church. Another one of my friends also came by to visit at the same time. We all had a nice visit together. My friend brought me a couple of gifts from her kids. Her daughter, one of my Beehives, made me a beautiful necklace with the letter B pendant. It was very thoughtful of her. The second gift was from her son. He wanted her to tell me a joke! She followed through, it was really thoughtful and funny!
Day 15
Today has been a wonderful day. It started off with a great morning.
I took the biophysical profile test and Ashlyn scored a 10 out of 10 again. I
also found out that my fluid level rose again, it is 8.5! Once again I thought
it would be lower because I lost quite a bit of fluid a couple days ago, but I
was wrong. I also got another piece of exciting use. I found out that Ashlyn
has turned and she is now head down (before she was breech). So if she stays in
that position I will most likely deliver vaginally instead of a C-section. All
of our prayers are truly being answered! Here's a cute picture they got
today during the ultrasound.
Then to make my day even better, I had several visitors. Two in the
morning and three in the evening, besides Chad and the boys.
One of my friends brought a bunch of her preemie's clothes for Ashlyn.
She also made a little hanger to put one of them on. She had me pick one of the outfits to put on the hanger and then she hung the hanger
up on the closet door so I could, "keep my eye on the prize!"
Another friend brought me some soup and apple pie. She wasn't sue how good the hospital food was, so she brought some homemade food over for me. It was so thoughtful! She also brought over the game Guess Who. We had
fun playing the game while we visited.
It's been a nice day and I know it has been because the Lord is watching
over us. He is hearing all of your prayers and is blessing us because of them.
Thank you all so much, we love you!
Day 16
Today was another good quiet day. Ashlyn and I just took it easy.
The NICU has a mobile library that patients can check out books
from. I thought I should probably read up on preemies, so I checked out a
preemie book. I read a little bit every day. It has been interesting and
informative.
I also keep busy editing pictures from our recent trip. I am trying to bring our blog back up to date. Once I'm done with that, I will start
chronicling my time here.
I got to talk to several people on the phone today. I was able to talk to Grandma Mahaffey and Aunt Barbara and Uncle Dick. It was nice to catch up with them. I also got to Skype with Lindsay. I love having the iPad so I can talk with my family face to face!
I enjoyed talking to some of you this evening. I received some beautiful flowers from the Monroe's today. They are beautiful pink roses! I love them! I was also surprised
with two late visitors who brought me some ice cream - Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey!
I continue to thank you all for your love and prayers. They mean so
much to us. We are being blessed in so many ways, it has been wonderful!
We love you.
Day 17
Today was a very nice day. It started off with my friend bringing a
candy bouquet for me to give to the boys and Chad. She also brought little note
cards so I could write a note to each of the boys. She's so thoughtful, she
actually made the candy bouquet and notecards herself! The boys loved the
bouquet, of course. It was fun to give them something!
At lunch time Chad came and took me for a walk. I got to go outside
in a wheelchair. It was nice to be outside and feel the breeze and the
sun on my face! Chad was thoughtful and even brought my sunglasses! I could
only be out there for 20 to 30 minutes, but it was nice to mix things up a
little. Chad wheeled me over to a nice garden patio in front of the hospital. It's ironic that I never noticed this area even though I passed by it every time I went to the doctor. It took being admitted to the hospital for me to find out about it. While I enjoyed the nice fresh air, Chad wrote thank you notes. He uses every free minute he has to get things done!
Tonight Chad brought the boys over to see me before they went to
scouts. I set the candy bouquet out for the boys to see when they first walked
into the room. They were pretty excited when they saw the bouquet! They also
enjoyed the notes.
After Chad took the three older boys to scouts, he came back with
Austin in Devon. I turned on a movie so we could all relax together. I
was glad to see Chad taking it easy for a little while. He doesn't get much time
to do that anymore.
After Chad and the boys went home, a couple of my friends came over for
a girls night! We had a lot of fun just sitting around talking and laughing.
Don't worry I tried not to laugh very hard, just in case! It was a really nice
evening.
One of my friends wasn't sure if she had a cold or allergies, so she picked up a face mask on the way into the hospital! This same friend is also a big Utah fan, but one day I caught her wearing a BYU jersey. I told her she could come see me at the hospital, but she had to wear her BYU jersey. She was a trooper and put it on in the parking lot before she came in!
Ashlyn continues to do well. It feels like she may have moved again,
so I will be interested to see if she's still head down tomorrow during the
ultrasound. I hope she still is.
I know I say this every email, but thank you so much for your love
and prayers. We are truly being blessed!
Day 18
Today I had another biophysical profile test. Once again Ashlyn did
really well - she got another 10 out of 10. My fluid levels also went up again,
to 9.1. The only downside is that she turned again and she's breech. But she
has turned twice already, so she can do it again! We have time. I would rather
not have a C-section, but if that's how it has to be I'm okay with it.
One of the cool things about the ultrasound was, I got to see Ashlyn's
hair. I've never seen hair on an ultrasound before, so it was pretty
cool! Maybe she'll be able to wear bows sooner than I thought.
Other than that my day was very nice. I had several visitors and
Chad and the boys got to come for about an hour!
We hope all is well with all of you. We love you and appreciate your
continued prayers.
Day 19
It has been another nice low-key day. I hope I get to say that many
more times. Ashlyn continues to do well. She seems content for right now, so
that is good!
Today I had a lot of visitors. First Chad came by in the morning and
stayed for quite a while. Then a friend brought me some lunch from mother child
lunch get together. I was planning on going before my water broke. It was very
thoughtful of her to remember me.
After dinner, a friend came over to watch the boys, so Chad could
come to the hospital and have a date night with me! We invited another couple
to come have fun with us - so it was a double date! We had a lot of fun
talking and playing hearts.
A little while after everyone left I got to have a video call with
Trevor. He was up because he had just gotten sick - poor guy. We talked
for a while and he said he was feeling a little better. He thinks maybe he got
food poisoning. Hopefully he got it out of his system.
I love you all and hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Thank you
again for your prayers!
Day 20
Today has been a slow quiet day. I was expecting it to be that way
though. Everyone is busy on Saturday's, and Chad and the boys are no exception.
It's ironic that before all of this happened, Saturday was one of my busiest
days. Now it's one of my slowest days.
I did have one friend come visit for a while, which was nice. She
stayed for about an hour and kept my mind off of not being able to watch the
boys play their games today. Just when I start to get sad the Lord steps in and sends me some relief. I believe He sent my friend over to see me at the exact time I needed it! One of so many tender mercies I have been blessed with!
Another thing that made a big difference for me were the pictures Chad took of the boys playing in their games. The boys would give me the play by play as I looked at them. It was great - almost as great as being there!
Another thing that made a big difference for me were the pictures Chad took of the boys playing in their games. The boys would give me the play by play as I looked at them. It was great - almost as great as being there!
Chad was extremely busy with sports games today. One baseball game and two soccer games and, yes, they all overlapped and were in two different locations. Chad was blessed to have the help of our good friends who were on Kaden and Trevor's teams.
Popcorn is always a crowd favorite!
Plus Tanner had a
Jazz band concert tonight.
Since it was so busy I didn't think the boys would be able to come see me, but to my delight they came after Tanner's concert! It was late, but they were able to stay for a little while. I was glad to see them especially since I didn't get to see them yesterday. Little tender mercies, that's what the Lord is blessing us with.
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Sabbath day. Tomorrow I
will be 30 weeks! I'm so thankful that I've been able to make it this long!
Here's hoping for four more weeks!!!! Thanks again for your prayers, I love you
all.


















No comments:
Post a Comment