Monday, April 2, 2012

Week One - April 2nd - 7th


Day One
Hello everyone.  Today was definitely unexpected, but we feel like we are being blessed already.  For one thing, we made it home from our trip before my water broke.  Also, Chad was supposed to leave for China next week, so we are glad it didn't happen then.  We have also been blessed by an outpouring of love from all of you, from our friends and ward family here.  We are in good hands!  Thank you also for fasting for us!

Right now Ashlyn is doing well and my medicine seems to be doing it's job.  The next 48 hours or so are the most critical.  If I don't go into labor by then, Ashlyn is more likely to stay inside longer.  They aren't concerned with how much fluid I have lost.  They said babies can be fine with a small amount of fluid.  They are more concerned about infection.  If I get an infection they will deliver Ashlyn right away.  They will also deliver her if I naturally go into labor.  They will not stop it from happening.  Otherwise, I will just lay low in the hospital for as long as possible.  It could be several weeks.  At least that is what we are praying for.


As far as risks go there are three tiers.  The most severe is anything before 26 weeks. The middle group is 27-32 weeks and the last is 32-38 weeks. I am 27 weeks, so we are just out of the most severe.  What they are concerned about now is the development of the lungs, hemorrage in the brain, eyesight and the intestines.  They have given me a steroid to help the lungs develop faster, but beyond that, we just have to wait to see if she has any problems.

I have received two blessings.  One before I left this morning and another one this evening.  We couldn't find our oil, our home teacher came to the rescue tonight and helped Chad administer to me.  I have felt very calm all day and I feel like everything will be okay.  That doesn't mean there won't be any problems, but I feel things will be okay.

That is the update for tonight. We will update you again as we know more. Thanks for your prayers, love and phone calls.

Day Two
Things were pretty quiet today.  I got to be unplugged from most of my medications.  That was a good feeling.  I will be on the antibiotics for another couple of days.  Now they are just monitoring the baby's heartbeat twice a day for 30 mins.  They continue to check my vital signs and watch for infection.  I lost more fluid today, which is a little disheartening, but it will happen and we are still keeping faith.  We have almost completed two full days and that is great because everyday counts!  One of the nurses told me tonight that girls mature faster in the womb than boys do, so that is another blessing!

Chad brought the boys over again tonight and that was really nice.  We didn't think it was going to work out, but they surprised me!  I loved it!  It made my day.


We appreciate all of your love and concern and fasting for us.  We know you all weren't able to join in today, but you did in spirit.  In your place Pres. and Sister Cannon from the Montreal Mission joined.  We appreciate their love and thoughtfulness.  

We love you all!

Day Three
It has been another low-key day.  I was a little worried about the fluid levels, but I talked to my doctor and he told me not to worry about it.  He said the baby can survive on a very little amount of fluid.  He also said losing all the fluid would not send me into labor.  They would just monitor the baby more often.  I felt better after talking to him.

I have had a really nice day.  I had several visitors and my room is filling up with well wishing gifts.  I also received a basket of flowers from Chad's Company.  Everyone is so thoughtful.  I feel very loved and blessed.


Everything is still looking good.  The baby's heartbeat is strong and she continues to move around a lot.  I am also doing well.  Today I took a shower and I'm wearing my own clothes, so that helps me feel more normal.

Chad and the boys came by again tonight.  It was a short visit, but it makes me feel so good to see them!

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.  We are feeling them and they are helping.  

Day Four
Today I had an ultrasound to check my fluid levels.  On Monday I had 12 cm of fluid.  Today I had 8 cm of fluid. He told me that is about average for someone at this point in her pregnancy.  So I felt good about that. They will check my fluids again in three or four days.

Today was another low-key day, I actually did some reading.  Chad stopped by to see me at lunch, so that was nice.  Tomorrow the boys have no school because of Good Friday, so they were able to stay a little longer.  The nurse was nice and gave them all orange sherbet ice cream.  They thought that was pretty cool.

While Chad and the boys were here, I had two other visitors come.  It's nice to have visitors.  One of the visitors stayed after the boys left.  She is a good friend, she brought Easter eggs for me to fill for the boys on Easter.  That meant a lot to me since I wasn't going to be able to do that this year.  Plus, afterwards she have me foot massage!  So thoughtful!


It has been a good slow day.  Here's hoping for many more!  Thanks again for all of your prayers.

Day Five
Today was a good day.  Ashlyn and I laid low again!  The boys are off of school today, so I got to see them a lot more.  They spent a couple hours with me during lunch.  While they were here, Trevor's teacher from last year came to visit.  It was a nice surprise.  She was really nice and offered to help in any way she could.  There are so many good people here!

I got my IV taken out today.  It is nice to be free of all that stuff. The only thing I'm still doing is taking the antibiotic.  Ashlyn still has a strong heartbeat and seems very comfortable where she is.  

After dinner the boys came back over.  Chad had hidden the eggs I stuffed the night before all over my room.  The boys came in with their baskets and had fun finding the eggs.  It was fun to have a little bit of the celebration here. 



After the hunt we watched a movie together. I hope the boys don't get sick from eating all the candy while watching the movie!


I hope these updates don't get too boring, but that's how we want our days to go.  Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.  We love you all and hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Day Six
Greetings from my lovely home away from home.  Ashlyn and I are settling in quite nicely!  We are continuing to keep a low profile.  Everything is still looking good and tomorrow we hit the 28th week mark!

Today has been a nice day.  The morning was pretty quiet.  I had a friend come visit around lunchtime.  It was fun to talk to her and visit for a while.  She brought Ashlyn a bow holder with several cute bows!  It will look great in Ashlyn's room!


Then a couple hours later Chad and the boys came over.  We had fun. They brought over pizza, hard-boiled eggs and a movie.  They brought the  hard-boiled eggs so they could color them here in my room.  It was nice to be a part of another Easter tradition.  



We watched the movie "We bought a zoo".  It was a good movie.  It is based on a true story and we found out that the zoo is actually in England.  You should check it out Shannon and Scott!


Tomorrow the boys are coming over for Easter dinner.  Chad is cooking it all and then bringing it over here.  It should be a nice afternoon.  I'm thankful that we'll all be together on Easter.  I'm thankful for the Savior, for his birth and resurrection.  I'm thankful that we take time to stop and celebrate his life.  I'm grateful for all he took on for all of us.   I  know it is because of him and his sacrifice that we are being blessed today.  I thank you again for all of your love and prayers on our behalf.  We are feeling them and are truly being blessed.  

Today while I was reading in Mosiah chapter 4 I was touched by verse 11.  King Benjamin is telling the people now that they have repented and have humbled themselves, that they should call on the Lord daily, and stand steadfastly in faith for that which is to come.  He is referring to when the Savior comes again, but it gave me hope for the days to come in my near future. I know everything will be okay, especially with so many prayers being offered in our behalf. We love you all, Happy Easter!

No comments: