Today we became part of history. The boys and I made a stitch in the National 9/11 Flag.
A friend let me know about the National 9/11 Flag. As part of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 the flag that was destroyed in the World Trade Center collapse is making it's way around the United States. Citizens can come make a stitch in the flag to help restore it to it's original 13 stripe format. It will visit each of the 50 states. It's final resting place will be the National September 11the Memorial Museum. You can find out more about it here. It is backed by the New York Says Thank You Foundation. The Foundation helps victims of natural disasters.

I thought it would be a neat opportunity to show the boys the flag and become a part of history. The four older boys each made a stitch in the flag. I think they all thought it was a neat. I don't know that the younger ones will remember it, but I thought it was an important thing to do. I love this country. We are so blessed to be living here. I am very thankful for all the liberties we have. I am thankful for those that protect us and put our lives in front of their own.





2 comments:
How COOL !!! I went to the website- but couldn't find any list of where it was scheduled to go next... do you know? Anyway, I'm so glad you all got to do a stitch...I'm sure it will be something you'll remember for a long time! love you all
nana
I am so jealous...like mom I tried to see where and when they would be in my area but I got nothing! But what a cool experience!
Post a Comment