Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Carving


This year we were pretty busy around Halloween so we only had time to carve two pumpkins. We still had a lot of fun though. We picked a simple pattern and started cutting. Everyone wanted to get in on the action.

I was, of course, behind the camera. The boys were talking about how much they liked carving the pumpkins and Trevor said, "and Mom likes taking pictures!"


So I decided to take a break a little and help carve the pumpkin.


My job is to trace the pattern onto the pumpkin. Next the boys gut the pumpkin. Some like it more than others!


Then Chad and the boys cut the pattern out.


While we were carving the pumpkin, Tanner made hot chocolate for everyone. I think having hot chocolate is one of Tanner's favorite parts of the night.


Austin didn't get to do any carving, so instead he decided to sample the lid of the pumpkin. He was excited at first, but I don't think he liked what he got. See for yourself.


As we carve the pumpkins we always watch The Great Pumpkin. The kids love watching Charlie Brown and his friends.


We had a fun family night carving the pumpkins. It was really nice being together without having to rush out the door.

1 comment:

shannon said...

I love your self portrait, and your jacket! Cool pumpkins, too!