This year I got to visit the pumpkin patch with Devon and his Preschool class. It was really fun. I had a fun morning hanging out with Devon.

The preschoolers got to ride a bus to the pumpkin patch and the parents drove. Devon was excited to ride the bus. Usually when I go somewhere with Devon he tends to hang close to me, but he didn't even bat an eye getting on the bus. He had a lot of fun with his friends.

At the pumpkin patch they had a lot of fun activities. We started with the hay ride. All of the kids were pretty excited to get on the wagon. Devon had a lot of fun. The hay ride itself wasn't really that exciting. We rode through a corn field that had already been cut down. Devon's favorite part was pulling the pieces of hay out of the hay bales - simplicity at its best.





Next we went to pick out our pumpkins. Each person got to pick one pumpkin and one gourd. Devon was very particular. I kept trying to point out nice pumpkins to him, but he had a vision. Finally, Devon chose his perfect pumpkin. He was very excited - although he wouldn't take a good picture for me. I guess he just wanted his pumpkin and gourd to be front and center.




After picking out our pumpkins we headed over to the kid sized corn maze. Devon had a lot of fun - he would have run around the maze by himself if he could have. He got pretty excited when we took a short cut.


Then the kids got to go to the pumpkin bounce house. They were all very excited to go inside. I think it was the first thing they set their sites on when they got off the bus. Devon was not disappointed. He loved it!

Before the kids boarded the bus again they had a quick snack. We had a really great day. I was glad I was able to go with Devon. I love him so much!



No comments:
Post a Comment