Sunday, December 11, 2011

Brooke's Birthday

This year I wasn't expecting that my birthday would be that exciting. Chad informed me a couple of weeks before that he had to go back to China and he would be gone for my birthday. Oh well, birthday's aren't that exciting when your an adult anyway, right?

Well, I was wrong. My birthday was wonderful! First of all, just before Chad left for China he and the boys celebrated my birthday. I was not expecting it, so it was a nice surprise. I was perfectly happy with that celebration, but I soon found out there was more in store.
One surprise I got happened a couple of days before my birthday. There was a knock on the door and when I opened it I saw a bouquet of roses. I was delighted to receive flowers.


I thought they were from Chad, but when I read the card I found they were actually from Chad's company! The card read:


As you might guess I was very surprised and impressed. This has never happened before and I was very honored that they would think to send me flowers in Chad's absence. I quickly sent a text to Chad to let him know what I had received and he was also impressed. He didn't know that they were sending me flowers (although they had asked him when my birthday was).

The next surprise came in the form of flowers again. This time they were from Chad. He sent them to me on Saturday before my actual birthday. They were beautiful! They reminded me a lot of the flowers he sent me before I went to the temple. It made me feel so happy and loved to think that Chad had the flowers sent to me when he was half a world away.


Friends also remembered my birthday, by sending me emails or gifts. One friend, even though she is out of the country, remembered my birthday and sent me some cake decorating tips. I loved it! She tricked me, she asked me about cake decorating like she was wondering for herself and then she gives them to me as a gift. One gift I had to laugh at was from a good friend. She got me a Snuggie! I have always joked about them, but you know what, they are actually really comfortable and very warm! Plus, I think the leopard print suits me . . . don't you?


On the morning of my actual birthday the boys got up and made me a wonderful breakfast. We had to go to church, so the boys had to wake up extra early in order to get everything done. They were so sweet, they even made me a cool birthday sign. It was such wonderful morning!!


If that wasn't enough, one of my last gifts came from a great friend. She knew that Chad was out of town, so she invited us over for dinner. The boys told her that I liked ham, so that is what she made for dinner! It was a delicious dinner and we had a nice evening at her house. It was a simple gift, but one that really made me feel loved!


I wasn't expecting much, but I was delighted by all the wonderful things I was given on my birthday. Everyone was so kind and thoughtful. This is one birthday I won't forget!

2 comments:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

I will never forget your "birth-day" either.. freezing cold rain, I got the chills walking into the hospital, shook all the way through the entire birth.. never got warm until you came. We were shocked to see this beautiful toe-head blonde baby! We loved you so much then... and even MORE today! You have grown into a fabulous woman! Thank you for YOU ! love, mom

Danika said...

His company sent you flowers for your birthday?!? Wow - I'm really impressed!