Austin and and I had the opportunity to go into Trevor's language arts class to hear him take part in a readers theatre. They performed the plays for Christmas. I can't remember the the exact name of Trevor's play, but it was along the lines of the night before Christmas. Trevor was excited, but he felt a little weird because he was cast as the dad in the play and a girl in his class was the mother. Some of the kids in his class were teasing him a bit. We talked about it and decided it wasn't a big deal and he shouldn't worry about it anymore.

Trevor was very excited to see us arrive in his classroom! He and his friends were equally excited to see Austin. They quickly invited Austin to sit with them. He sat with them for a little while, but then he sat in a chair next to me to watch the performances.

Reading has always come easy for Trevor. He also has a talent for being expressive when he reads. Trevor and his group did a great job! Austin and I were glad we were able to be in attendance!

2 comments:
Way to go Trevor !!! You really ARE a good reader, so I'm not surprised that you did so well at the Reader's Theater. And I'll be little Austin was so proud of his big brother! Wish we could have been there! We love you!
Nana
Trevor--Great job and what an honor to be a part of the readers theater! Keep up the gret work...
Elder Papa
Post a Comment