One of my favorite childhood memories of Christmas is decorating sugar cookies. My mom would make hundreds of cookies (or so it seemed) and the kids would get to decorate them. She would put a table cloth on the table and give us paper plates, frosting, knifes, and sprinkles. We were in heaven!!

My kids also love decorating cookies, but we are usually so busy during the christmas season that we haven't had time to make and decorate sugar cookies. Well, this year, I was determined to make sugar cookies. I'm really glad I did because we had a lot of fun!

I had a little bit of help with making the cookies, but all the boys decorated the cookies. They did a really good job. You always wonder what you are going to get when you let the kids have free reign of the cookies, but I think they did an excellent job!


The best part was watching them have fun with the cookies and each other. I hope they will have fond memories of these moments like I do, so they can share these same traditions with their kids someday!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you said those memories were FOND!!! I miss those fun times... glad you are having some of your own. Love you, mom
Post a Comment