Friday, February 10, 2012

Fun church activity

I am involved with the young women at church. Every Wednesday night we have an activity. Since it was getting close to Valentine's Day, I decided to teach the girls how to make some holiday treats. I looked online and found some fun easy ideas.

The first treats we made were decorative marshmallows. They are fun and super easy. You need big marshmallows (we used white and pink), sprinkles, Karo syrup and a toothpick. All you have to do is dip the toothpick in the Karo syrup then write something on the marshmallow. When you are finished you sprinkle or roll the marshmallow in the sprinkles. The sprinkles will only stick to the Karo syrup. Your final result is really cool!


The second treat was also easy, but takes a little longer. You need sugar cookies, almond bark, cookie sticks and sprinkles. First, you melt your almond bark (I used vanilla bark) in the microwave. Next you frost the bottom side of one cookie with the almond bark and place a cookie stick in the middle of the cookie. Repeat that process (excluding cookie stick) on another cookie and press the two cookies together. Let the almond bark dry, this should only take about 10-15 minutes.

When it is dry, frost the outside of both cookies with almond bark. Before it dries you can add sprinkles to the outside. I also made little heart chocolates and added one in the middle of the cookie. Once the cookie is dry you are ready to enjoy a wonderful treat!

No comments: