Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


Easter is one of my favorite holidays. As I have gotten older I have enjoyed it more and have come to understand the true meaning behind the holiday. I am always looking for ways to help my boys learn and appreciate the real reason we celebrate Easter. Last year celebrated at my brother's house and he introduced us to a new tradition. They get up early to watch the sunrise as they read the story of the of the Savior's resurrection. It was really neat and I was looking forward to doing it again this year. Unfortunately, the weather had something else in mind. This has been a really wet year so far and this weekend was no different. I was disappointed, but it was still a nice holiday, there's always next year right!?!

Even though I enjoy Easter, I was slow to get ready for it this year. The boys kept asking me when I was going to decorate for Easter and finally the day before Easter I pulled the stuff out. We all enjoyed it for a couple of days!

Our day started with Easter baskets. The boys were very excited! They weren't sure if their baskets would come on Saturday or Sunday. You never can tell with the Easter Bunny!


After church we colored some eggs. It's always fun to watch the eggs turn from white to the desired color.

Part of the fun comes from periodically checking the egg to see if we have reached the perfect hue.

The results speak for themselves!

Then on to the egg hunt. It was a rainy day, so the boys hung out upstairs while Chad hid the eggs around the house. It is always fun to watch the boys find the eggs, they get so excited!


Happy Easter!

1 comment:

shannon said...

I love these pictures! Especially the family shots. Brooke, you are a beauty, a queen among all your boys!