Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We're all Wet

As many of you know we have had some crazy weather lately. We have had a ton of rain. I believe it started in March.


We live near the river and it has been amazing to watch the river rise. I took this picture in March when the water was starting to rise. To give you some perspective, this is looking out at the river just above the boat launch. The boat launch is beyond the white fence down two levels. During the winter the water does rise to cover much of the boat launch, but we have never seen it this high during the spring.


We have had a few days that were dry, but it seemed like there has been a storm every week. The water hasn't had time to recede. So much so that residents and the city have had to get out sandbags. The road along the river was even closed for a time. This is definitely the highest we have ever seen the river.


Here are some pictures of the boat launch area one month later in April.

Still later in April.

We had some flooding around the entrance of our neighborhood.

Just getting started.

The highest we saw it get.

Several of the storms have brought severe weather with them. We have had to go to our neighbor's basement on a couple of occasions to take shelter, but we have been spared any damage. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been devastated by tornadoes and flooding. It is a humble reminder of what is truly important. We have about many miracles and have witnessed many people volunteering their time to help those in need. It proves that despite the storms and devastation the Lord is still mindful of us.


I am thankful for the knowledge I have in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the promises they have made to us. I pray that I will be worthy to do my part.

1 comment:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

I am sooooo glad you are all healthy & above water! Those pics of the river were incredible!
love you guys.... nana