Monday, May 2, 2011

A Job Well Done

This year was a good year for Tanner. He just finished his first year of middle school. I was a little worried about how Tanner would adjust. He was pretty sure he would hate it because there was no recess. The last couple of years Tanner hasn't liked school much, so I was nervous the trend would continue.

I was pleasantly surprised and I think Tanner was as well! Tanner really enjoyed middle school. Looking back, I don't think Tanner ever mentioned anything about the lack of recess! Ironically, though, Tanner loved gym class.

Tanner had a tough work load. Almost every night he was up late finishing his homework. Up until this point I have checked Tanner's homework before he turned it in. This year I only checked his work if he asked me. This made me a little nervous, but at some point the transition needs to be made. I am happy to report that Tanner did great! He worked really hard and was able to do really well, even in his hard subjects.


We knew Tanner was doing well, but we were very excited when we found out Tanner had made the honor roll. He made a 4.0! It was so wonderful to see the excitement and surprise on Tanner's face when he realized what he had done. It was the perfect confidence builder! Math is hard for Tanner and he often complains that he can't do it, but now he sees that he can - Priceless!


The school has a nice Honors Award reception. It is held in the evening and the students get dressed up. They are called up one by one to receive their certificate from the principal. It was really neat to see Tanner get his certificate. He has set the standard high for his brothers!


Congratulations Tanner! You did an awesome job this year! We know it was tough at times, but you pulled through. We love you!


No comments: