Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pops Concert

Tanner has enjoyed participating in band this year. He has done really well. I am amazed how quickly he picked up the Baritone and was able to read music. He never asked for any help, what they taught at school was enough. Tanner has a great musical talent, both vocal and instrumental.


The end of the year band concert was a lot of fun. Both bands, the 6th grade band and the 7th-8th grade band did a great job. Unfortunately, on the night of the concert we also had three baseball games. Chad and I both wanted to be at both places, but it wasn't humanly possible. Chad went to the baseball games and Austin and I went to Tanner's concert.


Tanner was excited for the concert. You could see that all of the other kids were as well. They played a lot of fun familiar music. Tanner's band began with the theme song for the George Lopez show.



At the end of the concert both bands combined to play "America the Beautiful." It was impressive, especially since they had only practiced the song twice together before performing it at the concert. (Sorry about the shaky video - Austin kept trying to grab my phone)



Congratulations Tanner, you and your band did a great job! We look forward to more wonderful concerts next year!

1 comment:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

Wow, Tanner! I am soooo impressed with how great your band is! And I'm really impressed that you do so well with the Baritone! Keep up the GREAT work! We miss you already! love you - Nana & Papa