Sunday was an awesome day! Tanner was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood. I think Tanner was a little nervous, but also excited. It was wonderful to have my parents here for the occasion. I'm glad they were able to share this special day with us and I am grateful to them for making the trip.

Chad told Tanner that he needed to pick out some priesthood holders in our ward to be in the circle. Tanner drafted a pretty long list. All the men he asked were able to be in the circle. It was amazing that everyone was in town. I didn't get a picture, but for record keeping purposes, these are the men that participated in the circle: Chad Monroe, Roger Mahaffey, Bishop Forbes, Cody Sims, Matt Highwood, Phil Carter, William Hastie, Cliff Holm, Bob Folz and Jim McMahon. All of these men have been great examples to Tanner.

Chad ordained Tanner to the priesthood and gave him a wonderful blessing. The spirit was very strong in the room. I think the boys could sense it because all of them sat very still and quiet the entire time. It was such a wonderful experience.

Tanner is such a great young man. He will be a stalwart priesthood holder and a great example to his younger brothers. I am thankful for all the worthy priesthood holders that have been wonderful examples in Tanner's life.

Tanner was able to start passing the sacrament the Sunday following his ordination. He was very nervous, but he did a great job. No one told Tanner how to pass the sacrament and unfortunately Chad was out of town. Tanner quickly found the Deacon's quorum president and asked what he needed to do. After getting his instructions, Tanner sat reverently on the pew and waited for church to start. When the time came for Tanner to pass the sacrament he had a nervous smile. I tried not to make eye contact with him, because I know that can sometimes make him laugh. I was very impressed, but not surprised, that Tanner was composed and reverent the entire time. He did a great job. Afterwards, Tanner told me that he was trying really hard not to laugh. He knows what a great responsibility he has now and he wants to do the best job possible.
2 comments:
We were so excited to be there for your ordination, Tanner. You really ARE a fantastic young man! Now, if you were only better at letter writing..... hmmmmm
love you, Nana
Congratulations Tanner! It seems like yesterday that you would come and knock on our door. "Knock, Knock! I come down for visit!?" Only it was 10 years ago! It's great to have our kids have such a great example as you for a cousin!
Post a Comment