Friday, October 28, 2011

Work or Treat

Once again this year Chad's company invited the kids to trick or treat. This is one of the highlights of Halloween for the boys. This year there was only one snag - Chad was out of town. Not only out of town, but out of the country. He went on a business trip to China (hopefully that post will be coming soon!). Well, I don't know about you, but I didn't want to go while Chad was gone. Chad kept telling me that I should go and that the people at work wanted me to bring the boys. Well, in the end, I decided to go because the boys really wanted to and because we found out we would have to miss the ward Halloween party (another highlight of Halloween). I couldn't disappoint the boys by not going to either one.


This year the work or treat was a couple of days before Halloween (which was nice and more relaxing). I picked the boys up from school and we headed over to Chad's office (the boys got into their costumes in the car). When we arrived everyone was really nice and made us feel really welcome. I still felt a little weird, but it wasn't bad. The boys were in heaven. They know the drill, so they got to trick or treating right away.


Tanner was especially glad we decided to go to the work or treat because he wasn't going trick or treating in our neighborhood. He decided he was getting too old and opted to stay home and pass out candy.


Not only does Chad's office do trick or treating, but they have treat bags and snacks as well. This year they even had a little snack bar complete with hot dogs. It was decked out in St. Louis Cardinals decor.


We grabbed some snacks and headed up to Chad's office to eat. The boys loved being in Chad's office. They had fun exploring and leaving Chad notes!


We had a lot of fun and I'm glad we were able to go. We missed having Chad there, but everyone made us feel right at home!

No comments: