What would St. Patrick's Day be without green shamrock pancakes? Well, I wouldn't know because it is our tradition to start the holiday off with fun shamrock pancakes! I think it gives us a bit more luck in our day!!

Another tradition we have is putting shamrocks somewhere on our skin. Mine always shows up next to my right eye! I tell the boys that this happens because I am part Irish, but this tradition goes back to my childhood, when my mom would paint a shamrock on my face. I loved it, so I continued the tradition with my own kids. When they were little I would put the shamrock on their face by their right eye, but now the boys are too old and cool for that. Instead they want the shamrock on their arm down by their wrist (or their upper arm if they don't want anyone to notice - pretty sneaky!). It's a fun tradition that hopefully they will continue for many years to come!
Our final tradition is corned beef and cabbage for dinner. This is a relatively new tradition for our family. Several years ago some friends invited us over for a St. Patrick's Day feast and they made corned beef and cabbage. To our surprise the boys loved the meal, so we decided to make it a new tradition. The dinner really is good. One of the best parts is the wonderful smell that fills the house while it is cooking!
1 comment:
this brought back a lot of fun memories... I can see me sitting there in my bedroom, painting shamrocks on your face! Can I just say... I LOVE YOU! love, mom
Post a Comment