Monday, March 26, 2012

On the road again

Monday morning we got ready early and left Chad and Michelle's. We hopped on the freeway and headed toward . . . nope not Williamsburg. We headed for REI, of course!  Whenever we are near an REI we have to stop so Chad can check it out. He's like a kid in a candy store, so it is kind of scary letting him go inside! No, I'm kidding, he's usually pretty good. He had an REI gift certificates to use, so it was a fun stop.


As we were getting close to REI I thought to myself, "I wonder if Chad will get a pair of Keen's for our baby girl"? I didn't mention this thought to Chad. Last time we went to REI Chad bought Austin a pair of Keens - he really likes Keens and he likes our family to have matching shoes. Sure enough, when Chad got to the car, he pulled out a small little pink Keen and asked, "what do you think"? They were so cute, of course, Chad has good taste. They are going to look so cute on our little girl!


Once Chad got out of REI, I got to go in.  I needed to find a hat to wear to the beach.  Since I now have to deal with skin cancer, I need to be more proactive.  Here is what I found.  What do you think?


After REI we stopped at a couple more stores. By this time, it was already lunch time, so we looked around for a place to stop and eat. After searching longer than we would have liked we found a nice Italian restaurant.


We ordered three medium pizzas - pepperoni, ham and pineapple and sausage. The boys were so hungry that they ate all three pizzas in no time!


Toward the end of the meal. We started talking to the owner of the restaurant. He was so taken with our boys that he gave us a pile of zip polo's. The boys loved them!


When got back in the car after lunch, we looked at the clock and realized we didn't have enough time to go to Williamsburg. Instead we decided to drive down to Kitty Hawk and stay there for two nights. We basically decided to flip flop our travel arrangements, but hey, it's vacation - we can do what we want, right!

When we got to Kitty Hawk we found a good deal on a hotel on the beach. When Chad tried to get out of the car, he could hardly open the door. The wind was too strong. Unfortunately, we found out, our whole time in Kitty Hawk would be chilly and windy. We didn't let that deter us!


It was late by the time we got settled, so after searching in vain for a restaurant (it was still the off season), we opted for the grocery store. Our hotel room had a kitchenette in it, so we were able to get frozen entrees we could heat up. When we walked into the store, Austin spotted some shopping cart, that were just his size.


Austin had a blast pushing the cart around the store, filling it up with several different food items!


When we went back to our hotel we feasted on our wonderful store bought dinners!  We enjoyed our view and then hit the hay.  Tomorrow . . . Kitty Hawk!

No comments: