Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Card Tricks

Kaden has always liked magic. He enjoys trying to amaze us with the things he has learned. Recently, Kaden has been into card tricks. He has been pulling me aside, almost daily, to show me a new tricks. Kaden always gets excited, he anticipates my mystified reaction. Several times he will make a mistake and the trick won't work, but Kaden doesn't let that stop him. He quickly says, "Wait, let me do it again," fully expecting to do it perfectly the next time.

Just before bed the other night I came into the boys room to say goodnight and Kaden was working on a card stacking trick. I was impressed at how patient he was when he would get so close only to have the cards fall down. Then it happened, Kaden put the final card on the stack and presto, the cards stayed in place. We all held our breath as Kaden urged me to take a quick picture. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and was able to take not only one, but three pictures of the card stack. It was very exciting!


Shortly after taking the picture, the pile fell. I'm not sure if it fell of it's own accord or if it was helped out by a gentle breeze from a little brother. Either way, it didn't change the fact that Kaden had succeeded in his goal. I'm glad that Kaden isn't a quitter. I know we will see many more amazing and "magical" things from this guy in the future!

No comments: