We just had a really fun date night. We got together with several of our friends for dinner and games. The theme for the dinner was "gourmet fresh". I was a little stumped as to what I should make. I looked at some recipes and asked some friends. Finally, the day before date night I asked my neighbor if she had any ideas. She gave me a couple of great ideas.
I chose to make corn fritters with mexican shrimp salad. It was really good and fresh tasting. As I was cooking the corn fritters, the boys came over to see what I was making. The boys loved the fritter that I let them try. I love it when I find a recipe the boys love!
After dinner the games began. All of the games were from the game show Minute To Win It. We had a lot of fun. The first game we played involved seven ding dongs and a forehead. The object was to balance a stack of seven ding dongs on your forehead in one minute or less. My forehead was the lucky one. Chad handed me the ding dongs and I stacked them. It was a little nerve racking, but in the end I tied for first place!

Chad and I took turns competing in the games. Chad got to participate in the Oreo cookie race. You have to put an Oreo cookie on your forehead and then use your facial muscles to move it down to your mouth. It is not as easy as it looks or sounds, but we all had a good laugh watching the participants.

It was a great evening. We all had a great time socializing and laughing.
1 comment:
funny, we never thought of you as a ding-dong! love you - mom
Post a Comment