I love going to Cub Scout Day Camp with the boys, but I dread hanging out in the hot sun all day. This year I was pleasantly surprised. I went with the boys on the last day of the camp. It was forecasted that we would be getting hot and possibly have some severe storms - lucky us! Because of the impending storms we had cloud cover all day, so the heat was not bad as expected. There was actually a nice breeze. It made for a happy bunch of boys.
I enjoyed spending the day with Kaden. The first activity we went to was water games. One of the games they played was Fill the Bucket. The object of the game was to get a sponge wet, then run it down and squeeze the water out into an empty bucket. The team who filled up the empty bucket the quickest won. All of the boys loved this game. I love these pictures of Kaden.

The second activity was fishing. Kaden was really looking forward to fishing. He had been trying to catch a fish all week and had so far been unsuccessful. Chad made him promise to catch a fish and then take a picture of it. Kaden went right to business. He attached his bait and cast his line. The fish in this lake were pretty smart. They were playing with Kaden at first, stealing his bait. Then finally Kaden caught his fish! He was so excited. He quickly reminded me to take a picture. He knew Chad would be proud of him.


Because of the heat at this time of year, the camp has started having a firetruck come cool off the scouts. All of the scouts anticipate this event. After lunch all of the boys head to the big hill and the firetruck sprays out a huge stream of water. The boys love it! As you can imagine, this creates a fair bit of mud, but hey they're boys, right! It's all in good fun.


Two favorite activities at camp are archery and BB's. Kaden does really well at both. Last year he got the sharp shooter award. This year the boys got to bring home the target if they got close to the bullseye. I think Kaden brought the target home everyday!


As the camp came to a close the dark clouds were closing in. Luckily, all the parents came a little early and we were able to leave before the downpour started. We had a really fun day and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go with Kaden this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment