It had only been a few minutes since we put the boys to bed when Kaden came downstairs. He complained, "Devon was putting my penny in his mouth and he swallowed it. He owes me a penny!"

What? First of all, Devon just swallowed a penny? Second, why are you more worried about your penny then your brother?
Devon came downstairs and Chad and I started trying to figure out what to do. I started calling medical professionals (Misty I called you first, but you didn't answer, sorry) and Chad started looking online. While we were doing this Devon started crying and pushing on his chest. That made me a little nervous, but because he was still breathing well and not gagging the nurse said he was probably okay.
To make sure we were told to give Devon a little piece of bread and a small drink of water. We did as we were told and soon Devon was feeling better. Before hanging up with the nurse and the doctor we were told to check all of Devon's bowel movements until we found the penny. Ahh, the joys of being a parent! Luckily, it was the weekend, so Chad got to join in the fun. Actually, Chad did most of the checking, I only had to check once.

Twenty-three hours after the penny went in, the penny came out. It was a welcomed site! We told Kaden he could have his penny back, but he didn't want any part of that!
3 comments:
That's hilarious that Kaden didn't want the penny back! Glad Devon is okay.
Of course! The one time you call me for medical advice I am out of the country! Let's hope you don't need my services again, but with that group of boys I will wait by the phone. Glad it all came out okay...pun intended!
Post a Comment