This week Devon finally got to go to Preschool. Austin and I got to go with him on his first day. The first day is student orientation, so it is only half an hour. It is held to introduce the kids to their teachers and get them acquainted with the school.

Devon was looking forward to going to Preschool, but when we got to his classroom all of the sudden he started to cry and hide behind me. I was a little surprised by the sudden shyness. Devon didn't want to leave my side. He did relax a little by the end, but he still didn't want me very far away. After all of Devon's classmates left we talked to his teacher and found out what he needed to look for to find his seat the next time he came. I think that helped him feel a little more comfortable. It also helped that his teacher gave each of the kids a special blow pop to take home.
Devon did like his classroom and his teacher. He liked what he saw, so I am sure he will do well. I talked to Devon about being brave. I reminded him that he knows how to get to his class and that he knows who his teacher is, so he didn't need to be worried. Tomorrow Devon will go back for his second day of preschool. I hope he will remember to be brave - I'm sure it won't take him very long!

No comments:
Post a Comment