We had many wonderful experiences in Utah. One of the sweetest experiences was taking our boys to visit some family members who have passed on. Chad and I made sure that we made time to visit my grandfather and Chad's grandparents, aunt and cousin.

We want our boys to remember these wonderful people. Tanner and Kaden are the only boys in our family that have met some of these people, but we want all of our boys to "know" these family members. It was really neat to take our boys to visit the gravesites. We were able to tell stories and memories about each family member.
Another thing we are able to do is clean up the gravesite. We were pleasantly surprised to find the grave sites in good condition. A highlight for me was visiting my grandfather's grave. I was not able to go to the funeral so it was nice to see where he was buried. My grandfather was buried in a veteran's cemetery. It is really nice. They do a really nice job of keeping everything well maintained.




Another highlight for me was visiting Chad's Aunt's gravesite. Again, I was not able to go to the funeral. This was my first time visiting her gravesite. It is in a nice cemetery overlooking the valley. She is buried next to her son and several other family members.




We also visited Chad's grandparent's grave. Tanner is Chad's grandfather's name sake. It was neat to remind him of that. Before we left Chad was able to show the boys many other relatives buried in the cemetery.




I am thankful that we made the time to to take the boys to visit these family members. I hope they always remember who their family members are and the legacy they have left for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment