Sunday, August 22, 2010

What a View!

One of the things everyone loves about my parents' new house is the view off the balcony. They overlook the valley, which includes Utah Lake and the Timpanogos Temple. I loved seeing the temple every morning while we were there. What a wonderful start to your day!

I also loved the view at night. The temple is so beautiful when it is all lit up.


A couple of nights I went out on the balcony to take some pictures of the awesome view. The first night I went out I enjoyed taking pictures. Some turned out good. I was excited to see them on my computer. Unfortunately, something happened and those pictures got erased. So I tried again on another evening. Much to my surprise and delight a fireworks show started near the temple. The fireworks show was part of the American Fork Days. It was really cool to watch and really fun to photograph. Chad also had fun taking pictures after I was done.


The night before we left to go back home we drove (about 3 minutes - how nice is that!) down the road to walk around the temple. Unfortunately, the temple grounds were closed, but we had a nice stroll around the temple. It was neat to take the boys to some temples while we were in Utah. We live about 2 hours away from the closest temple. Usually the boys stay home with friends while Chad and I go to the temple. So the boys don't get to see the temple very often. I love that they were able to walk the grounds of the temple. It was beautiful and I know the boys were touched.


1 comment:

Amy said...

You have got to post these pictures on the church flikr site. They are requesting members submit pictures of temples and things that represent what the church believes. I'll send you the link. LOVE THESE!!!