Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Turkeys

No, this is not a post about my boys! It is actually about real turkeys. Yesterday I went into the kitchen to get something and I happened to look out the window. I was amazed to see a herd of turkeys. Wild turkeys roam this area, so seeing a couple is not an uncommon thing, but yesterday was different. There were over twenty turkeys walking along the woods in our backyard. I rushed to get my camera before they went into the woods. I was afraid Kaden would scare them away (he was bringing the garbage can back up to the house). The turkeys did seem to notice Kaden, but they weren't in too much of a hurry to get away. I pointed them out to Kaden and he said, "Lets shoot one and have it for dinner." Ack, did he really say that? That's a young boy for you.

It was really cool to see so many turkeys in one place. It added a little bit of excitement to my day!!


2 comments:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

VERRRRYYY cool! I am amazed that you could get your camera in time & still get the shot.. but, then,.. you ARE amazing! Cute photo! Tell Kaden that most of them look a little on the scrawny side for eating... ha!

Melissa said...

I wish I would have known you were in Utah. I would have loved to see you. I've had trouble finding your blog for the last year or so. I'm glad to find you again. You guys look great!