Monday, July 8, 2013

EFY at BYU

Since we were going to be in Utah for the family reunion we thought it would be fun to sign Tanner and Mason up for EFY (Especially for Youth)!  We were lucky enough to get them both into a session at BYU right after the reunion!!


I was so excited for Tanner to attend EFY.  When I was a youth, I was able to attend twice.  It was such a great experience and I wanted Tanner to be able to experience that as well!  Tanner was excited to be going with his cousin, but he was a little nervous.  This was Tanner's first youth conference.


Registration was around lunch time, so we decided to go to BYU a little early and have lunch at the Courgareat!  Being on campus brought back a lot of fun memories.  We walked around a bit and then we got a quick bite to eat.


After registration we took the boys over to their home away from home for the week.  They stayed in Heritage Halls.  We got them settled into their rooms and then we said goodbye.  We hoped they would have a great week!


For the most part, the boys had a great week.  The downer for Tanner were the dances.  He didn't enjoy them at all.  It was probably a mistake to have his first dance be a huge EFY dance.  He didn't love the loud music and when he tried to dance, he got bumped and pushed around.  As a result, he sat on the sidelines the whole time.  Despite the dances, Tanner did enjoy the classes and the activities.  I'm glad he was able to go!

No comments: