


Once the snow has mostly covered the grass we get to work on another favorite snow activity - building a snowman. This year our snow hasn't been great snow for building snowmen. One day we were able to get the snow to stick a little. We spent most of our time rolling up snowballs (and trying to keep Tahoe from eating them). We made a little snowman on our deck table. I was happy with the progress we made, so I told the boys it was time to go inside for some hot chocolate. Tanner and Kaden had another plan. They asked if they could stay out a little longer to finish their snowman. While they were out there it started to snow, but they were determined to finish. In the end their snowman looked like it was melting into the ground and was pleading for help. It was a complete snowman though. It had eyes, a mouth and arms. Tanner and Kaden did great work. That snowman lasted for several days!

Another favorite is sledding. Even if there isn't much snow on the ground the boys will get out their sleds and give it a try. Many times they just end up pulling each other around the yard, but it works for them. We have a little hill in our backyard, but we usually have to leave our neighborhood to find really good sledding.

On one of our many snow days some friends invited us over to their house to go sledding. They have a really fun sledding hill off to one side of their house. The boys were so excited! As soon as we got to the our friends house the boys grabbed their sleds and were down the hill before Austin and I got there.


I love sledding because I get to see pure joy radiating from my boys as they have fun together. I can't help but smile! The boys went down a couple of times by themselves, but most of the time they went together. Many times two would be going down and a third would jump on for the ride.



Tanner, Kaden and Trevor were the non-stop sledders. I don't remember them taking breaks. Devon went down a couple of times, but took several long breaks in between runs. I took Austin down when we first got there and he didn't really like it. Sometimes being in the front isn't all it's cracked up to be! Austin decided to stay at the top and watch the boys have all the fun.



I'm glad we live in a place where it snows. I have always enjoyed the snow. It is beautiful look at and fun to play with. Some of our favorite memories are when we were outside playing in the snow!


1 comment:
Kaden,I saw your "football" cake your Mom made for you-Wow, it even had a Colt's logo. I am proud of you and all that you are doing is scouts and your life. You can tell your Mom your not getting older; just getting better!!!
Looks like some future star bowlers! Hat's off to Trevor I understand you got the only boy strike. Good job all of you. Where was a picture of bowler Mom??
Thanks for the update-- Love ya,
Papa...
Post a Comment