We've had a lot of snow days this year. Luckily, our school district uses holidays as snow make-up days or we would be in trouble. So far we have exhausted all of our built in snow make-up days and have extended the school year by two days. We've heard rumors that if we have many more snow days we will have to go to school on Saturday. Fortunately for the kids, the groundhog predicted that spring is on it's way.
In the meantime, we are enjoying our days off. Some of the days we just sleep in and relax, but we always have to get in some snow time! On this particular day the boys and their neighbor friend had fun trying to build Mt. Everest with the snow. It was tough since the snow wasn't very wet. They kept trying anyway. When they couldn't get it any higher they opted for a snow storm. They destroyed the mountain, sending snow all around the surrounding area (including everyone who was within striking distance). There were smiles all around.


When Mt. Everest lost it's appeal some turned to making snow angels. Trevor made several. I tried to get a good picture of the actual angel, but the snow was too bright. Instead I darkened the picture so you could see Trevor's work of art!


What would a snow day be without a delightful snack of snowball sweetness!


Before I went inside I saw the boys crawling in the snow. They were playing an army game, I think. Whatever the game was, it was making them laugh and smile. How could I pass up a picture like that?

No comments:
Post a Comment