Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bagger or Engineer?

Lately Austin has taken a liking to the canned foods in the pantry. He will often open the pantry and start rearranging the cans of food. Yesterday while I was making dinner Austin opened the pantry and started rearranging again. After a little while his interest brought him over to his cabinet of toys. A couple minutes later he returned with an empty bucket. He set it down beside the open pantry and started piling cans inside. He managed to get quite a few cans in that little bucket. It reminded me of baggers at the grocery store.

When Austin couldn't fit anymore cans into his bucket he started stacking them. I was impressed with how careful and sure he was each time he put a new can on his tower.


He was pretty tickled with himself every time he stacked a can. I got a little worried when his tower got pretty high and uneven and I noticed that Austin's leg was sitting right in the path the cans would fall. The cans fell right before I got close enough to move his leg. Some of those cans were pretty heavy so I expected to see him cry. He surprised me though, he didn't cry at all. Instead he picked the cans up and started building all over again!

Maybe he will be a bagger, maybe an engineer, but whatever he chooses I know he will have fun and do well!

No comments: