I was reading through my brother and sister-in-laws blog and I realized that I haven't done a post about Easter. So better late than never, here it is. This year we went to my brother Chad's house. My sister Lindsay and her family were there for the weekend also. This was the first time that we have gone to Chad's house. It was fun seeing where they live. We were able to do quite a bit in a short amount of time considering it was also conference weekend. We had a lot of fun!
Conference was great! Every six months our Church has a two-day worldwide conference. It is a weekend we always look forward to. For conference I always put together a packet of papers for the boys to work on. Michelle, Chad's wife, offered to put some packets together since we would be at her house. I was impressed when she pulled out a bound book of papers. It was much nicer than what I do. It was great though, because all of the kids knew exactly which book was theirs. The kids had a great time sitting at the table working on their books during conference.
In between Conference sessions we took the kids out for an Easter Egg Hunt. The kids all had fun hunting for the eggs.
After the hunt the kids came in and found their Easter baskets. Each of the kids got a dart gun. They had fun playing around with them. Amazingly when we left all of the kids still had all their darts.
While waiting for dinner the kids went outside on the deck to play a little. Sydney taught the boys the art of having a tea party. It was pretty cute watching Sydney tell the boys how it's done. Kaden also had fun trying to flip a burger in the Sydney's frying pan.
Michelle made a wonderful Ham dinner for Easter. It was delicious! Thanks Michelle!!
After dinner Sydney and Devon decided they needed to wrestle Trevor. Trevor just laughed while Sydney and Devon tried to take him down. It was funny to watch.
I just had to add this picture because Colby is so cute!
It was fun being able to be with family for Easter. We even got to talk to Nana, Papa, and Great Grammy over Skype.
I am glad the kids got to see and talk to Great Grammy for a short time on Easter since she passed away not long after. I am so glad to know that families are forever. I am thankful for the Savior. I am thankful for the atonement that makes it possible for us to repent when we make mistakes. I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.















3 comments:
Thanks Brooke! We're so glad you guys were able to come! We had a great time!
Yeah, we need to get together more often. Thanks for all of your hard work. You were wonderful hosts.
again... I love, love, love your blog! thanks for making us feel like we just live around the corner and we know everything that's going on!
love, nana
Post a Comment