Thursday, June 3, 2010

Exercising

Summer has started and so has our "summer schedule". The mere mention of that phrase brings scowls and moans to my boys. If they had it their way, they would be playing all day. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play all day as well, but kids need structure. So during the summer we have a schedule. Part of the schedule involves exercising. Most of the time this involves taking a walk with Tahoe, but right now Tanner is trying to trying to pass off his athlete badge. So the boys are doing jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, and long jump. This morning I took a couple of pictures of them exercising. Even Austin got into it!

It has been interesting to see how much each boy can do. Tanner is the best at the standing long jump. I think his best jump is around 70 inches. Trevor is amazing at sit ups - he just keeps going. His best is 118. Although, Kaden is pretty good as well. Kaden's best is 125. Kaden takes it a little slower and rests a little more than Trevor, but gets the job done. It is fun to watch the boys try to beat each other's best. Sometimes a little competition is healthy - literally in this case!
We should see big muscles by the end of the summer!!

2 comments:

Danika said...

I totally agree that kids need structure. I would love to see what your summer schedule includes. Today was our first day of break and it was a disaster!!!

The Mahaffey Family said...

Ahhh, a summer schedule. We are going to need one of those soon.