Every year at the beginning of spring we go to Lowe's to get some flowers for various places around our house. This year we have been a little sluggish. As spring began I started to see weeds growing in our planter box by the mailbox. Baseball was in full swing and we were running all around, so I didn't have time to pull the weeds right away. As the weeds started getting bigger I started to think they looked like the Petunias we put in our planter box last year, but I knew that they are annuals so I knew that couldn't be.
A friend dropped by and she made the same observation, so instead of pulling the weeds I waited a little longer. Low and behold, they turned out to be Petunias!
What a wonderful springtime gift! They have grown in beautifully and they are a wonderful mix of purples. I don't know that we will be this lucky next year, but for now we are enjoying it!



No comments:
Post a Comment