Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baseball is in Full Swing

The baseball season has begun. This year we have three boys playing (on three different teams of course). I think we are a little insane. Tonight we had three baseball games all starting at five o'clock, two baseball team pictures, a Cub Scout campfire, and a High Council meeting. How did we do this you might ask. Here's how it went down. Tanner and Kaden got home from school around 3:30 pm. They came in, ate a quick snack and then we took off on our whirlwind evening. Tanner was dropped off at a friend's who would take him to Cubs, while the rest of us went to the ball field. Kaden headed to the field for an early batting practice. We watched him for a little bit and then we headed over to team pictures. Right after Trevor and Devon's team pictures they went directly to the field to start their games. I missed Trevor at bat while getting Devon set up for his game. Luckily the fields they play on are right next to each other, so I was able to watch both games without running back and forth. Unfortunately Kaden's game was further away. Chad got to the baseball fields a little while after the games started. When he arrived we were able to check out Kaden's game. I felt bad that I had to run back and forth between all the games, but what else could I do. Trevor and Devon's games last an hour and Kaden's lasts two hours. So when Trevor and Devon were done Chad stayed to watch the end of Kaden's game while I took the rest of the boys to catch the end of the Cub Scout campfire with Tanner. When Kaden's game was over Chad had to go to the Church for his meeting, so Kaden hung out in the lobby until I could get there to take him home. By the time I got home with all the boys it was after 8:30 pm. The boys were really tired and hungry (we did eat, but we only had sandwiches). Getting the boys in bed was a little rough, but a little after nine the lights were off and the house was quiet. I was finally able to sit down and relax (well for a couple minutes anyway). So it all worked out, but it was a little crazy. It makes me wonder what we were thinking when we signed up three boys for baseball, but seeing their excited faces while they were playing makes it worth the insanity.

Okay, I know I should have broken this post up into several paragraphs, but now you have a better idea of how rushed and busy our evening was!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Be glad you have all boys. At least you get to stay on the baseball side. If you had a girl you would be running from the softball fields across the parking lot to the baseball fields